Born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama Neil Thrasher has been surrounded by music his whole life. Influenced by both sides of his family, Neil grew up watching his father perform professionally as part of The Thrasher Brothers it was only natural that Neil would do the same. After several years of recording his own music and touring, other artist began recording songs he had written and as fate would have it, it was then that Neil would devote his career to being a full time songwriter and eventually being named the “2004 ASCAP Songwriter Of The Year”.
Thrasher’s songs have been recorded by some of music’s most successful acts including: Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Randy Houser, Ronnie Dunn, Tyler Farr, Reba McEntire, and many others. Hits include:
- “There Goes My Life” Kenny Chesney #1 for 7 weeks
- “Fast Cars and Freedom” Rascal Flatts #1 for 4 weeks
- “Take Me There” Rascal Flatts #1 for 4 weeks
- “Why Wait” Rascal Flatts # 1
- “Banjo” Rascal Flatts # 1
- “Tattoos On This Town” Jason Aldean # 1
- “Fly Over States” Jason Aldean # 1
- “Night Train” Jason Aldean # 1
- “How Country Feels” Randy Houser # 1
- “Rearview Town” Jason Aldean #1
In 2010 Neil was awarded “GMA’s Country Song Of the Year” for “Somebody Like Me” recorded by Jason Crabb earning him his first Dove Award. In 2013 Neil was honored with “ASCAP Country Song Of The Year” for “How Country Feels” by Randy Houser. When not writing, producing or singing on the next project you will most likely find Neil out on the golf course, hunting or spending time with his wife Lana and two daughters Ali and Emma Grace.